Re-spec your spirit points?

The poll in the OP puts 64% at “Allow expensive and rare respecs via p2e NFTs”, yet in the sig-prop there isn’t even an option for creating the potion but not airdropping it for free.
This could easily be a god-tier (not god-like) item that is hard to obtain, sought after, and valuable.

In Sunday discussions airdropping the potion was well received. Also keeping the potion as a protocol mech and not using it as an alchemica sink. Also, an airdrop will allow trading in the baazaar and price discovery. I mention in the sig prop there would always be an issue trying to guess the price of the potion. If it was going to be sold or crafted.

The main idea of the sig prop is to distribute potions to gotchi owners to “undo” past mistakes from the ambiguity of how gotchi traits will be interpreted in the gotchiverse or fixing misallocated points. It also adds value to gotchi owners.

I think if they are affordable, but of limited quanity per gotchi per time period, it will fit nicely with a changing meta. If its doable, some people will simply use them to flip between their brs build, their pvp build, and to chase rpg fotm situations.

the respec potion sig prop made quorum. If the vote passes,
Based on discussion in Today’s dao weekly meeting, there was talk about adding options that were overlooked in the sig prop. We can chat about adding options to the core prop:

1. airdrop to gotchi owners, one potion per gotchi for all gotchis in wallet
  2. airdrop to gotchi owners, one potion per gotchi that has earned at least 2 points
  3. airdrop one potion per gotchi RF 4 last snapshot leaderboard (7500 gotchis)
  4. (pocket drop) airdrop one potion to all gotchis pocket, means potion is not tradable in baazar
  5. (pocket drop) airdrop one potion to some gotchis pocket that have at least earned 2 points.
  6. no airdrop, have a different way to distribute repect potions
  7. abstain

any thoughts?

the vote for the sigprop
" The gotchi owner would receive in their wallet one free potion per gotchi at time of snapshot (snapshot to be determined by Pixelcraft). Unsummoned gotchis would not get a potion since they have no earned spirit points. Currently around 20K summoned gotchis. "
and since it reached quorum this should be what is proposed on the coreprop.
the discussion should exist before the sigprops , to undo the option above, another sigprop with more voting power should be pushed. otherwise the coreprop should read airdrop to wallet, on snapshot provided by PC , number of gotchis owned .

Option one is from the sig prop. As written, as you stated.

Other options give more choices. More choices doesn’t change the original sig prop, its just more choices.

I think:

• airdrop a potion to any gotchi that has spent points (inc just 1 pt)
    -I think the idea behind the free airdrop is fair given pts were spent before their impact was known
    -this limits the total number, making them a little bit more rare than just giving to every gotchi
  • allow the trading of the airdropped potions on the secondary market (ie not soulbound)
  • do not allow crafting
  • limit any additional respec potions coming into existence to quest/dungeon rewards
1 Like

I think we have to separate the issues as there is two things going into that vote. First there’s the free respec for past allocation which seem to be pretty well received by the community which I think could be the scope of this proposition and done as a non-transferable airdrop. Then there is the further respecs which should somewhat limited and/or expensive. One concern coderdan had is the unability to create new potions of that type once they have hit the market which we can solve by airdropping one non-transferable potion to each existing gotchi to fix the misallocation issue and move on to discuss the mechanic for future respecs as a separate implementation

3 Likes

I agree there are two scenarios to be addressed:

1. allows existing gotchis that have allocated earned spirit points to fix any issues that might have occured.
  2. on-going mechanism to allow re-organize gotchis spirit points as a game mechanic.

Note: both these respec spirits points are at the protocol call level, but does affect their gotchi in the gotchiverse indirectly.

The original proposal does address both scenarios. First, it distributes respec potions in a great abondance to allow owners to reallocate spirit points to fix any past issues.
Second, there will be an abundance of potions that gives owners ability to sell in the baazaar which makes the potions available to the market. Those owners that will want to reorganize their spirit points in the future will collect them

Seems the issue is ppl think this proposal is too generous and there is a missed opportunity.

I think the original proposal works, it allows owners to fix past mistakes and gives them future flexibility in how their gotchi’s spirit points will be allocated.

The current proposal the smart contract would be straight-forward. Here is a high level task breakdown:

1. Need to mint a new aavegotchi erc1155 item, Respec Potion NFT.
  2. would be the same type as XP and Kinship potion It’s tokenType LibItems.ITEM_CATEGORY_CONSUMABLE
  3. Make sure to save all earned points before resetting the gotchi
  4. Set the gotchi traits to values when summoned (use gotchis properties as a result of original VRF)
  5. Package up the above functionality and allow the gotchi to “drink” the potion using a useConsumables method for Potion so gotchi owner can drink the potion.

This approach has a reasonable developer effort. This is one NFT with one behavior and behaves like existing XP and Kinship potions.

I propose moving forward with core prop as the sig prop was written.

2 Likes