Summoned Gotchi's Need to Retain Portal Number

The Haunt 1 portal sale sold out incredibly fast.

For those that managed to snag one of those incredibly rare portals, and for those of us that went into the bazaar and paid a premium to join the Haunt 1 club, I’m incredibly bummed out to find that the summoned Gotchi’s do not retain their portal “serial number”.

I propose an update be made that will let all Gotchi’s retain their portal numbers. This mechanism is commonplace in other games and allows for certain numbers, (early, funny, even, etc) to have their own unique value and identifier.

As of right now, having portal 1 may be more valuable than having any Gotchi from portal 1, and I do not like that. We need to encourage all Gotchi’s be summoned and enjoying their life among frens.

23 Likes

Strong agree. Please make this happen Team. Many thanks

4 Likes

Agreed! I was surprised to not see one after my gotchi was summoned. Along with the portal number they should also issue the haunt number.

4 Likes

Strong agree, edition number should be plainly visible on the UI

2 Likes

Yes. I also paid a fat premium because my buy didn’t go through. It would be nice to see at least the haunt number.

2 Likes

Yes haunt number should be added to summons. Haunt 1s will likely command a premium.

This is the “Origin” set for Aavegotchi.

2 Likes

I agree, with some questions (I say this as the owner of a handful of Gotchis from Launch 1). I think the dev team was trying to avoid the rarity effect of having a First-Haunt portal number entirely. Not their fault if people decided to chase it anyway. But part of the fun of NFTs is knowing the provenance: when minted, who owned when, etc. Listed Aavegotchis on the Baazaar, though, show at least the Gotchi’s haunt number. So the system knows. Might as well have original portal number as well as haunt appear both on Baazaar listings and in the Aavegotchi page.

4 Likes

I agree strongly. :grinning:

3 Likes

100% agree - surprised this isnt already included

3 Likes

Definitely agree with this.

2 Likes

i agree as well. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to opening portals? Can’t seem to find an answer. Also, to your point if I wait to open portals when i finally do will they still produce haunt 1 gotchis or how will that work?

2 Likes

We can’t have #69 and #420 rotting away as portals, let them live as ghosts :smiley:
you have my support! :+1:

3 Likes

You get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need #portalnumber and #hauntnumber to show. 100% agree with op

3 Likes

100% agree - haunt # and trade history will add a bit of individual flair and storylines to gotchis

2 Likes

also concur with this request

2 Likes

Tots on board with this, def need to emulate trading card games by showing the series on the asset.

2 Likes

At least the haunt number is currently displayed for gotchis offered in the bazaar, or am I missing sth?

1 Like

Portal numbers are displayed on your gotchi in the URL. it will read aavegotchi.com/aavegotchi/ ####
the number section is the portal number your gotchi came from

3 Likes

I love this idea and wholeheartedly agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes