Proposal for a New Haunt Immediately

@aboutlo I think these are some great suggestions

Possible improvements to foster a better distribution:
1- no gasless transactions if they are a bottleneck
2- no publishing of the smart contract and the FE at the same time.
3- we could imagine a mint function activate at a specific block number so everyone can at least have all the approvals ahead
4- 1 transaction => 2 portals 100 GHST each; 3-5 portals 200 GHST each: 5-10 portals 400 GHST each; 10-15 800 GHST each; 15-20 GHST 1600 each; 20-25 GHST 3200 GHST
5- A dedicated haunt for early adopter GHST holders (before snapshot date XX)
6- A dedicated haunt for FRENS holders (before snapshot date XX)

While I can’t speak for the team - I wouldn’t lose faith just yet.

I believe there is still time to open another haunt before the inception of the game itself, this would also be considered a genesis haunt.

At least this is my hope.

2 Likes

Could we implement some sort of pre ordering system? Where the GHST tokens are locked up and the Portals will get distributed on the haunt along with a cap on Portals per address.

1 Like

When i proposed on discord that initial haunt should be 100k because game launch was delayed for 2 months, I was ridiculed by Moon. And now when i failed to purchase portals for 100 GHST, and purchased one for 900 GHST on the marketplace, you will launch another 50k haunt ? Not sure it is fair. But whatever…

Now that I have had a chance to calm down about not getting a Portal, I wanted to share my thoughts… When so many people have waited for months for this, only to get screwed by a technical glitch, people “myself included” will get emotional. I was able to try 3 times and get 3 failures. This is not an issue with me “not being prepared” it was a technical failure. We were told we should not need to adjust gas. It seems that was incorrect, as some of you ETH veterans have clearly pointed out. With that said, many of us who got this failure still went to the market place and “over paid for one” because we wanted a Genesis Haunt Gotchi. And none of us should want to flood the market with Haunts, which may or may not have the same issues. I do feel like the dev team put “lets make sure they sell out quick” ahead of the greater good of Decentralization. In the end a bad user experience will kill any positive media Aavegotchi may get for how fast they sold out. Hopefully we can learn from this launch to make future Haunts better. If there is a way to identify those who tried to buy a portal, but failed due to technical issues beyond their control, and possibly give them an opportunity to buy one portal, I would agree to that, and believe it would be “fair”. Sorry for the rant, but I’m writing this because I do care about the project.

6 Likes

I first shared this in Discord, but wanted to share here as well.

Being here for months, waiting for launch and having 3 failed transactions isn’t right, especially when i watched the total go from 10k to 0. Rellers have just flooded the bazaar for profit, surely this should have been one per tx. Not right for the community members that tried to support the project… I am not even interested in a H2. For me, I was after a genesis portal but no point now

2 Likes

Buy back the bazaar portals from treasury fund or refund the resellers and airdrop them to the community members that can provide tx evidence…

You’re not going to flood the market by making sure that all the players who want to play can fucking play. There is a 1% chance at a godlike Gotchi. You have a poor understanding of game theory. There is a lot more going on than “low supply”.

2 Likes

Do it! How can we vote?

I made one! check it out here Proposal: one portal for those who missed out

Yup I agree, lets do another haunt asap

Against this. While someone might miss out why others who did it fairly also need to suffer with flooded market? I just aped into the website and clicked few times. I think many did something stupid like approving 2 transactions at the same time and approval got rejected but they thought it was confirmed and they have been trying to ape and failed. This is basic knowledge using any defi product. Seems like many blockchain noobs miss out and now crying on forum. No I didn’t use any bot, I did up the gas because I know from beginning and everybody knows supply is limited, its predermined. There might be different circumstances for people who miss out. Its open market with limited supply. Deal with it u don’t complain now on the price of wearables, why? While I was aping in portals there were people who scooped wearables and now reselling at high prices also multiplies. I don’t complain I buy if I need it for the game.

3 Likes

No, just in case it was not clear. A new haunt will not solve this issue. The problem was not that there were not enough portals, but that people were allowed to buy more than 1. Also all the failed transactions. A new hunt will not resolve this issue.

Against this - if there is another haunt in the immediate future, its mechanics need to be adjusted or the same problem will occur.

2 Likes

If you guys would like to saturate this project and rekt it then by all means continue down this path… This will not make anyone on either side happy… if you guys get a second haunt you lose all value on H1 and most likely any of us who have ACTUAL VALUE INVESTED. i have 10k in this ecosystem between 3 gotchis and 2 accounts. how many more of me are there to how many karens are out here crying for a portal so they can invest a measly 200$ and feel better about themselves that they got in on the fomo

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with this.

Its NFT game, crypto. The beauty of crypto its scarce, we can agree later to drop more portals or vote but not now because someone missed out from 10k people.

2 Likes

1 Like

We need a stable DAO for this project to go to the moooooon :wink:

1 Like

Against this,

I believe we have more to win to create scarcity in the very beginning of the game. With scarcity it might create a virtual loop to the project that will give more visibility for Aavegotchi and so on bring more future players and speculators inside the game (more $GHST for the DAO)

Not even mentioning that there will always been some people that will have “missed out”, and so on we might enter an eternal loop where people will beg and make new proposals for instant new haunts

I think having a 50k gotchi 2nd haunt after people went hard buying up items in the 2nd hand market at an inflated prices is incorrect and harms many. This method would just dilute all of the gotchis and wearables that were purchased today. Some people invested lots of money based on the scarcity of the items available, just like in any nft art auction and then afterwards in the 2nd hand marketplace. Please reconsider changing the value model of the game by watering it down.

I do like the idea of people with failed tx’s allowed to have a second shot at it, if at all possible. People involved and following the project for months deserve a change at playing the first season.

3 Likes